HOW IT ALL BEGAN
The Hope Revolution was founded by Rev. Jacobus Nomdoe. It was born out of a sheer desire to see significant change in the drug culture. Rev. Nomdoe is the founder of Teen Challenge South Africa. Since it’s inception in 1998, it’s been extremely successful in the field of Residential Rehabilitation which is the Primary focus of Teen Challenge. During 2014, whilst teaching at an Annual Leadership Conference in Nairobi, Kenya, the dream and Vision of Hope Revolution was born. He started off to write a concept of the program and later developed a Training Manual for the Church.
The fundamental principle of the Hope Revolution is to ensure people trap in the addiction finds Hope, hence the Mission Statement :”If someone Can’t find Hope, HOPE Must FIND them.” In 2017, Global Teen Challenge undergo a vigorous assessment by a research institute from New York, Rev Nomdoe presented the Hope Revolution as a program to combat addiction aggressively. In December, 2018, the organization released their report about the work of Global Teen Challenge around the world in 125 Nations. The Hope Revolution was mentioned in their report as one of the top 3 most innovative programs in the world.
MISSION STATEMENT & VALUES
IF SOMEONE CAN’T FIND HOPE, LET HOPE FIND THEM
When someone find hope , he/she finds strength to rise, a reason to live and meaning to life
WE PRIDE OURSELVES IN TAKING ON CHALLENGES AND SEEING THEM THROUGH.
Mobilizing communities to become resilient
To serve people holistically
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We aim to be effective and efficient to successfullly combat the scourge of drug abuse
PURPOSE OF EXISTENCE
- PREVENTION, EARLY INTERVENTION AND AWARENESS EDUCATION
- COMMUNITY BASED TREATMENT / NON – RESIDENTIAL REHABILITATION PROGRAM
- MOBILIZATION OF COMMUNITIES TO BECOME RESILIENT
- SAFETY NETS AND SAFE CORRIDORS
- RESIDENTIAL RESTORATION PROGRAM
WHAT WE SPECIALISE IN
The hope revolution is a non profit organisation that offer service and can be distinguished as follow:
- Outreach programs & projects for community of western cape and Gauteng
- Youth –educational institutions (school primary, secondary schools & colleges)
- We serve our community street by street, house by house, community by community and province by province
- Hotspot (street) impoverished youth and adults of
- Awareness – campaigns, projects, events
- Prevention – information distribution, interactive projects
- Early intervention – referral information, group support workshops, counselling
Your loved ones who are challenged
You may not agree with me, however, I believe that system was not conquered through round table negotiations by the Mandela, Tambo, Hanis and Bikos, but the resilience of our people, especially our children and youth. Let’s learn from this experience and apply the same principles. However, this time around it will be a peaceful revolt or Revolution to bring Hope.